Sigma Delta Chi Foundation
Who we are
Since its founding in 1961, the Sigma Delta Chi Foundation has promoted excellence and ethics in journalism. The SDX Foundation is a tax-exempt, 501(c)(3) organization that supports the educational programs of the Society of Professional Journalists and serves the professional needs of journalists and students pursuing careers in journalism.
Liberty and self-government require a well-informed public. It is the responsibility of journalists to provide fair, balanced and accurate information in a comprehensive, timely and ethical manner.
The SDX Foundation helps by:
• Advocating for open government
• Promoting integrity
• Encouraging excellence
• Fostering diversity
• Inspiring new generations of talented journalists
• Protecting freedom of speech and press
Through the years, the SDX Foundation has created a legacy of worthwhile programs to achieve these aims, including:
• Pulliam/Kilgore Freedom of Information Internships
• Eugene C. Pulliam Fellowship for Editorial Writers
• Eugene S. Pulliam First Amendment Award
• Diversity Toolbox/Rainbow Sourcebook
Your Donation Matters!
The work of the Sigma Delta Chi Foundation depends on time, talent and financial support from journalists and others who support these goals. Our online giving process will only take a few moments. Please visit our donation page to support SPJ and the SDX Foundation.